Saturday, April 16, 2011

Saturday afternoon blog entry without internet

Traveling with parents is a pain in the ass. Also a pain in the ass, a locked iPhone. I'm hoping to temporarily jailbreak my phone on Monday morning. Sssh don't tell my cell phone carrier!

If I was traveling alone, I would not be on the train to the Blue Mountains this afternoon. And, if I were, I wouldn't have just missed the earlier train. The parents are slow and confused and won't listen to me when I have figured out where we want to go. They also had Hungry Jacks for lunch. This is apparently the Aussie equivalent of Burger King. Shudder.

I almost ditched them this morning. It's raining on and off today and they didn't want to go out. So I said I would go off and do my own thing because I'm not made ofsugar and I didn't travel to the other side of the planet to just sit around. Plus I don't have the luxury of time to wait for good weather. They seemed to think I had the right attitude but so here we all are. I hope I can ditch them for a while when we get there. Killing an hour at a train station is not my idea of a good vacation. Through Central Station is Sydney's oldest and I got one or two decent shots with the ultrawide lens.

So, predictably for me, I have been working on my list of things to do over the next 4 days:
Manly. I'm thinking I need a full day for that. Probably Monday. That way I can get my phone unlocked and also go to the bank.
The Rocks and Sydney Botanic Gardens. Maybe wander around the CBD and window shop.
Darling Harbour and the Wildlife Centre if I can manage it. How much does it cost to cuddle a koala? It'll be worth it right? Chlamydia and all??
That takes care of Monday through Wednesday when I will be blessedly free of parents.
I'm thinking I might try to get to Bondi tomorrow. That way, the folks can tag along and I can ditch them as necessary.

Suddenly I feel much less cranky. I'm going to Queensland on Thursday and spending Good Friday/Earth Day sailing to the Great Barrier Reef.

Okay time to stare out the train window at Australia rushing by...
Food review tonight.

No comments: